A Nursery Assistant Practise Leader required for a 15 place section for Babies and Toddlers up until 2 years of age. Working closely with the Practise Leader and Manager to support a staff team of 4 to deliver excellent opportunities for children.
The position would suit a senior Nursery Nurse with some experience of leading a room or looking for more responsibility as a second in charge.
Core Competencies/Person Specification:
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the revised EYFS 0-5 years
- Excellent communication skills and able to lead a team effectively.
- A quick thinking trouble shooter with a 'can do’ attitude.
- An organised multi-tasker able to manage different systems and processes simultaneously and delegate effectively.
- Masses of drive, ambition and energy!
- A determined, persistent and resilient person, who approaches and overcomes challenges with a positive attitude.
- Willingness/desire to learn about Reggio Emilia approach.
- Free lunch
- Caring, supportive environment
- Regular time out of ratio to document and assess children's learning
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Sick pay and good attendance rewarded with extra holiday
- Long service rewards
- Unrivalled professional development - regular courses, seminars and visits to other nurseries
- Working alongside professional Artists and expert consultants
- Team building fun days, meals out, and social events
- The chance to attend the week long International Study Tour in REGGIO EMILIA in ITALY (all expenses paid)
- Career progression for the ambitious and hardworking
- Opportunities to be involved in our Training School for external professionals
About the company:
This privately owned Day Nursery have recently opened their 3rd setting on a unique and beautiful school site. Based on over 33 acres of parklands, with a wonderful rural backdrop, there are ample opportunities to use all facilities the school has to offer such as:
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor classroom
- Forest school
- Sports Hall
- Dance studio
and much more!
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in the management of a very special, highly unique, 38 place day nursery in Horsham, where the managers believe strongly in rewarding ambitious staff and helping them to develop.
This is a very rewarding company who believe in recognising their employees for their hard work and commitment.
This is a diverse role with responsibilities that include communicating with parents, planning projects and activities with children, updating journals for key children, mentoring junior staff, assisting in our Farm School and working with animals and more.
This client is also a Reggio Emilia inspired award winning nursery and farm school, with first class facilities including a permanent artist and an art studio, and wonderful outdoor facilities. They work by adopting an exciting and unique project-based learning approach.
Selected candidates would have ample opportunity to learn this creative approach hands on.
The most exciting part of this company is that they are growing and they create opportunities for those that want to develop their skills and careers. This company also believe strongly in supporting and developing staff and welcome those with a passion to make their mark through bringing new ideas.
If you are truly passionate about children and looking to lead a new dynamic team, please get in touch immediately!