Nursery Practitioner, Level 3
Jobs like this don't come along very often. We are assisting an Ofsted rated "Outstanding" Day Nursery find some new practitioners to join a growing and enthusiastic team.
The facilities and locations within this group of nurseries are exceptional. (A drivers licence and car will be needed due to these rural locations).
- An enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated individual will be required to take advantage of this challenging and exciting opportunity.
- The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in quality childcare.
- Strong communication skills and team-working abilities are essential.
Qualifications and Training
- (NVQ3/NNEB minimum: as long as you is in process of studying for EY degree/EYP)
- Current First Aid qualification
- Equal Opportunities
- Child Protection
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working within a team
- To provide the highest standards of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within the nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Report directly to your Head of room.
- Report to your manager and deputy manager and when needed the Group Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- To ensure that safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind our nursery are fulfilled.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard to your responsibilities as a key worker.
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.