Nursery Nurses, Level 2 and 3 required within a setting in a converted chapel in a residential part of Sunninghill, Ascot.
Reporting to: Manager/Deputy Manager
Required Qualifications: NNEB, NVQ or equivalent
- Ensure the safety and well being of all children in your care resulting in the total avoidance of preventable accidents and promoting a feeling of security and satisfaction amongst all parents.
- Caring for the all round daily needs of the children to enhance their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Contribute effectively to the team maintaining a high level of communication throughout the whole nursery.
- To work as an effective part of the Nursery team and maintain good morale, a high reputation both in and outside of the Nursery and ensure all the companies standards are met.
- Have a high level of awareness of company policies and procedures and ensure these are carried through in your every-day tasks.
- Include and encourage student members of staff in their daily activities and development through leading by example.
Child and Parent Care
- As a Key Carer, ensure parents have full satisfaction through appropriate information and feedback.
- Ensure that children in your care are communicated with at their level during play and meal times.
- Settle new starters, ensuring both children and parents feel comfortable and safe.Once settled, ensure that new parents are kept informed of their child’s progress.
- Ensure a high level of personal hygiene is maintained and encouraged with the children.
- Ensure children are tidy, happy and ready for their parents to take home at the end of their session.
- Ensure parents receive daily updates in the form of diary sheets or verbal communication.
- Respect the wishes of parents to treat any personal information as confidential.
- To be open and welcoming to all parents and children and to direct queries to the Room Leader or Manager/Deputy when required.
Administration and Planning
- Foster social and educational stimulation through curriculum planning based on age and stages of development within a happy and secure environment.
- Ensure developmental records for each child are kept up to date and accurate, and available for viewing by parents at any time.
- To maintain routines within each area of the Nursery.
- Ensure the room registers and daily sign in sheets are accurately completed.
- To maintain a well organised filing system ensuring information is easily accessible.
- To attend and actively participate in regular room and staff meetings.
- To maintain a good level of communication to senior management on everyday occurrences within the establishment.
- To ensure you follow company procedures for daily communications to and from parents.
- Report all maintenance requirements to the manager to ensure their immediate attention.
- Treat all matters concerning the children, parents, staff and business of the Nursery as confidential.
Health and Safety
- Implement all company health and safety procedures to ensure the well being of children and staff within the establishment.
- Ensure you are aware of risk assessments that are carried out to prevent accidents among children, staff, parents and others persons entering the premises and act upon any recommendations given.
- Ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained, by cleaning and sterilising of equipment and recording information as evidence.
- Ensure toys and equipment are looked after, stored safely and correctly.
- Ensure the rooms are left clean and tidy at the end of each day.
- Advise manager or deputy when toys and equipment need repairing or replacing.
- To take part in regular fire drills to ensure you are aware of the procedures.
- To ensure accidents within the establishment are recorded appropriately in accident books and information relayed to your manager or deputy, and then the parents.
- Where allocated, regularly check electrical appliances to ensure they are in good working order.