Prospero teaching are looking for 1:1 SEN tutors in and around Southwark.
As an SEN Tutor, you must be able to create, plan and deliver 1:1 tailored lessons to bridge gaps in pupil's education and boost attainment levels. This opportunity is great for an experienced teacher who is looking to step away from the classroom to offer more personalised, enjoyable lessons.
Most of these pupils will have been out of education for some time, so the confidence levels may be very low. It is your responsibility to engage them back into learning and offer structure back into their daily routine.
We work with you closely to monitor the progression with each pupil by asking you to submit weekly reports, focusing on the high's and low's of the week and what subject areas were focused on. We also ask you to highlight engagement levels to ensure that the sessions are being beneficial to the young person.
- Location - South London
- Position - 1:1 SEN Tutors/
- Type of work - Contract
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration - Until the pupil can reintegrate into a mainstream/special school
- End date (if applicable) - N/A
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full-time/part-time - Part-time (a minimum of 10 hours per week, per student)
- The minimum rate of pay - £25 per hour (negotiable)
- Hours - Working hours can differentiate, depending on the convenient timings of the family
Experience, Training, and Qualifications of the 1:1 SEN Specialist Tutor:
- Possess UK classroom teaching experience
- Be creative, patient, and able to think outside of the box
- Have experience working with challenging behaviour and disengaged pupils
To be eligible for this role, the potential 1:1 SEN Specialist Tutor must:
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy