1:1 Teaching Assistant (Preschool)
Pay rate: £75-85 per day
A Primary School in Kidderminster are seeking a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a child in their preschool (aged 3-4 years old). The student has been identified with special needs and/or learning difficulties and therefore, is in need of additional help to achieve their academic potential.
This 'Good' Ofsted rated Primary School is a single form entry Primary School and they are blessed with a beautiful environment. They incorporate this fully into their curriculum to bring lessons alive and create memorable learning experiences. They have high quality, well-motivated staff who provide a climate of academic rigour and pastoral care which equips their children to be ready and successful in their next stage of education, develop into caring human beings and become good citizens. They strongly believe in the importance of working in partnership with parents and the wider community for the benefit of everybody.
* You will support a student on a 1:1 basis
* You will follow the direction of the class teacher and may sometimes be required to assist small groups through their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to a pupil(s) with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Be committed to preventative approaches to working with behaviour difficulties and positive strategies for managing and adapting challenging behaviour
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Demonstrate positive behaviour management
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with us are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in joining us, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education - apply now