Academic HR Technician - Franklin & Marshall College
- Job Reference: 249282987-2
- Date Posted: 20 March 2021
- Recruiter: Franklin & Marshall College
- Location: Lancaster, Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
The Academic HR Technician works collaboratively with The Office of the Provost and Human Resources on faculty appointment processing for all levels of faculty including temporary faculty, teaching professors and tenured track faculty. Track faculty load within academic affairs. Support the Director of the Office of the Provost with budgetary implications of faculty hiring.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
* Provide support to the associate deans for all aspects of hiring part-time and full-time faculty. Prepare all relevant correspondence pertaining to hiring including and not limited to letters of appointment, moving expense reimbursements and start-up memos. Assist with reappointment and deprovisioning process for visiting and administrative faculty & teaching professors.
* Track faculty load and reports information to the Director of the Office of the Provost and Associate Deans. Collaborate with HR on any faculty leave information that needs to be tracked. Works with IT to correct any discrepancies in the report.
* Work collaboratively with HR and Payroll to process Electronic Personnel Action Forms to pay faculty.
* Provide support for summer session contracts and tracking enrollment for processing of payment.
* Support the Director and Associate Dean with other projects.
Learn more about Academic Affairs.
* High School Diploma
* Minimum of 1-3 years of administrative experience required, experience in higher education, HR and/or Payroll preferred
* Advanced skills using MS Office Products (Excel & Word)
* Experience using Banner ERP and statistical software
* Ability to coordinate and administer projects and programs
* Excellent communication skills
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. Individuals who need an accommodation due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at .
Franklin & Marshall is proud to offer a smoke-free work environment.
All resumes and cover letters must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received.
If you experience difficulty submitting your resume or cover letter, please CLICK HERE for assistance.
If you have previously applied online to a position at Franklin & Marshall College and want to check on your submission or make changes, please CLICK HERE to log back into your account.