Academic Tutor - Secondary. Job in Boulder E-Nursery Jobs
- Job Reference: 429271392-2
- Date Posted: 24 November 2021
- Recruiter: Boulder Valley Public Schools
- Location: Boulder, Colorado
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
1.00 FTE - (40 hr/wk) - 2 Positions Total
Hourly Rate- $15.87
Temporary thru May 27, 2022
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Assist student(s) with homework assignments and tests; assist in the process of providing learning tools, study tips and techniques to maximize in-class and testing performance; create a relaxed, comfortable learning environment tailored to each student; provide an open line of communication for students to voice curricular struggles; communicate with teachers regarding student achievement and progress.
* High School Diploma
* Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English (must pass English component of interview process)
* Complete and submitted BVSD online application
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, school staff and administrators
* Experience with secondary level skills and concepts in language arts, science, math and social studies
* Experience in tutoring/mentoring of children/young adults (ages 14-18)
* Background or current study in educational curriculum
* Prefer bilingual abilities (Spanish / English)
* Salary information for this position can be found by clicking on the following link: Salary Schedule
Application and Selection Procedure:
* Apply on-line at (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
* If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
* Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - ; Office for Civil Rights -