Graduate Behaviour Mentor Teaching Assistant | Richmond | September 2022
PayScale: £75-£95 per day (Dependant on Experience)
LTF Recruitment are delighted to be working alongside one of our partner schools in the TW10 (Richmond) who are looking to add a 1:1 behaviour support assistant to their team to work alongside their pupils who present with challenging behaviours and ASD in Year 4.
Learning and Behaviour Mentor Opportunity for Recent Graduates
This Learning and Behaviour Mentor role requires an innovative graduate who has achieved a 2:1 or above in your degree and has the skills to take on additional responsibilities in their stride. Ideally, the school need a graduate who can demonstrate to both staff and students their passion for teaching as a profession. You must possess a real interest in playing a part in the running of afterschool clubs and whole school activities.
You will be working across KS1 & KS2, providing 1:1 and group support for pupils who are showcasing challenging behaviour. You will be inspiring and motivating pupils to re-focus on their core objectives.
If you have experience working in a classroom environment with children who have Autism, Global Development Delay, Challenging Behaviour, ADHD or EAL then we would love to hear from you. The role would suit an experienced LSA with CACHE level 2 or above or a recent graduate in a relevant field such as Education Studies, Early Childhood studies, Psychology or Sociology.
The school require someone who:
- Holds a teaching assistant qualification or relevant degree
- Has a fantastic attendance record.
- Strong knowledge of behaviour management will be key.
- Will be able to quickly build relationships with children and staff
- Must be willing to work hard, and go above and beyond
- Has a valid and up to date DBS
The main duties within the role will be:
- Working 1-2-1 or with small groups for inventions
- Strong knowledge of behaviour management will be key
- Supporting children with reading, writing and phonics
- Liaising with the class teacher around pupil progress
- Helping the class teacher to engage SEN pupils in lessons
- Assisting the class teacher with the setup of the classroom and afterschool clubs.
Applications will only be accepted if you meet the above criteria. To apply, please send across your CV via the application page or contact Ahmed.