London South East Colleges is a successful and innovative College operating with sites across Bromley, Bexley, Orpington and Greenwich. With nearly 14,000 students and 1,000 members of staff, the College is a major employer in the area and makes a significant impact on the lives and future prospects of its learners who travel from across London to study with us. The College is also the sponsor of London South East Academies Trust, a growing Multi Academy which is rapidly developing a track record of academic and financial success. With a combined turnover of circa £65m and the ambitious growth plans of the group, there has never been a better time to join this exciting organisation. The Role
You will maintain a safe, secure and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors, coupled with promoting good learner behaviour across the campus, helping to create positive campus environments. Key duties will include;
Skills and Experience
- Monitor the use of public areas, teaching spaces, cafes, social areas and campus grounds and report/take appropriate action to stop unsafe activities
- Use appropriate and effective de-escalation techniques to positively manage learner behaviour
- Control access of personnel and vehicular traffic ensuring that only authorised persons are allowed on site, including checking of ID cards.
- Take action in the event of an accident or incident, including the administration of first aid and completion of accident and/or incident reports in accordance with College procedures
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team to provide a prompt quality service for the operation of fire, security, CCTV systems using electronic and computerised facilities management systems and equipment
You hold an SIA Door Supervision Licence and have previous experience in the security sector/CCTV operations/youth work. You will also have experience in conflict management and de-escalation techniques and be able to positively manage learner behaviour. You will have the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner with students, staff and visitors at all levels. You should be able to work unsupervised as well as co-operatively and productively with other members of staff. Benefits
The benefits package includes generous annual leave of 27 days (excluding bank holidays) plus Christmas closure days and leave for volunteering (pro rata for part time staff). There are excellent pension schemes, including employer contributions (Teachers' Pension Scheme, Local Government Pension Scheme or Nest). Staff also have access to employee assistance programme, free onsite parking, salary sacrifice cycle to work/ bike loan scheme and annual season ticket loan. You will have access to onsite gym at Bromley, discounts in inhouse restaurants and hair and beauty treatments. We are investors in people accredited and committed to professional development of our staff members.
Recognised nationally in 2021 by the TES, as Overall FE Provider of the Year, FE College of the Year and winning the Contribution to the Local Community award.
If you have any specific enquires about the role, please email us at
As the College supports a number of children and vulnerable adults, all staff are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Accordingly, all staff will be subject to an 'Enhanced' DBS (formerly CRB) check, along with a Children's Barred List check if in regulated activity. Any offers of appointment may be withdrawn if these checks prove to be unsatisfactory to the College. Self-disclosure will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you fail to make a full disclosure or provide sight of your DBS certificate then your offer of employment is likely to be withdrawn. The College's DBS policy covers the recruitment of ex-offenders which is available upon request.