Care Assistant - Isleworth, West London
Care Assistant for a College in Isleworth, West London
Academic Talent is currently working with a large college in West London, catering for 16-24-year-old students with autism, physical disabilities, and challenging behaviour.
Due to the needs of the students, the school is looking for members of staff with care assistant experience or support worker experience for both full time and part time work.
- Experience of working with special needs is essential, however this could come from any background - schools, care homes, residential support, hospital, nursing etc.
- You will provide personal care every day, including all toileting and changing
- Being able to use hoist equipment for moving students in and out of their wheelchairs would be beneficial
- You will provide sensory stimulation throughout the day using the amazing facilities - dark and light sensory rooms, outdoor sensory learning, rebound therapy, hydrotherapy
- Working hours are 09:00am- 16:30pm, Monday - Friday, term time only
- You will benefit from daily pay rates between £80 and £100 per day, dependent on experience
- Relevant training in Makaton, PECS, moving and handling, first aid or safeguarding is highly desirable
The school has a large staff body, who are very welcoming of agency staff.
You will be well looked after and supported by the class team, but also by the prominent senior leadership team.
Apply now !