Childcare Nursery Practitioner
Location: Coventry, CV5 8FW
Hours: Starting from £8.96 to £9.25 per hour
Contract: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours)
Creative Flair Childcare has two, homely, welcoming nurseries in Kenilworth and Coventry. For this post you would work at our Coventry Nursery.
We have a dedicated team that are committed to providing high quality care to our children. As a nursery we enjoy being creative and getting the children involved in all sorts of arts activities as well as lots of fun outdoors. We believe through these activities we enhance the children's early years experiences and help them grow to become confident little people.
Creative Flair Childcare has an exciting opportunity for a Nursery Practitioner to join our team. You will be on a full time, permanent contract (40 hours) with a highly competitive and flexible salary for the right person.
As part of our team, you would be involved with taking the lead on ensuring children are cared for in a safe and positive environment and commit to continued vigilance to ensure this - in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Ultimately, you'll have a part in the responsibility for all children placed in your care to safeguard and promote the child's welfare. You'll need to have great team working skills and good communication skills are imperative, this involves listening, questioning, and understanding and responding to what is being communicated by children, parents, colleagues and others.
Duties & Responsibilities as our Nursery Practitioner:
• Carry out planning and prioritising of all activities and progress in the room in order to create and develop a stimulating environment.
• Deliver a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff.
• Contribute to and be involved in the day to day running of the room.
• To contribute to the ethos of the nursery and get involved in the arts activities for the children
• To attend and contribute to monthly staff meetings
• Be assigned as key person for a designated number of children to ensure that all their basic and developmental needs are met.
• Be responsible for ensuring that your key children are safe and secure.
• Build effective relationships with the parents of your key children.
• a NNEB, BTEC, NVQ 3, NVQ 2 or equivalent childcare qualification
• Level 2 or 3 Qualified
• To have a high standard of written and spoken English
• Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of planning and implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Experience of working within an early years setting
• Some knowledge and experience of working with a range of agencies to support families
• Have a sound knowledge of safeguarding
• Particular Skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• To have enthusiasm and commitment for the aims and objectives of our nursery.
• To be able to relate well to families and engage them in their children's learning.
• Hold a paediatric first-aid certificate
• To have attended Warwickshire Safeguarding Training
• To be committed to personal and professional development
• Employee of the Month
• Extra Holiday for 100% Attendance
• Many training opportunities - in house and external
• Health Insurance scheme
• Regular wellbeing treats and support
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful in this role, click 'APPLY' today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.