**COVER SUPERVISOR - SECONDARY PRU - WANDSWORTH TOWN BASED - IMMEDIATE START**
A large pupil referral unit (PRU) in Wandsworth Town is looking for cover supervisors to teach English cover lessons for secondary classes. Pupils within the unit have a range of complex social and emotional mental health needs (SEMH).
This is also a great opportunity for fully qualified teachers, newly qualified teachers, early career teachers and confident cover supervisors with experience in secondary or special education.
- Immediate start
- Full-time (08:30am to 4:15pm Monday to Friday, term time only)
- £18.20/hour pay rate
- Local to Tooting Broadway Station and Wandsworth Town Station
Responsibilities will include teaching English and pre-planned lessons in small classes of up to 8 pupils. All pupils have a bespoke learning and behavioural plans based on their specific needs. Some pupils may additionally need outreach support in the local community in the case they are struggling to be re-integrated into school.
- You must have a Child DBS which is registered to the update service - if you do not have one, you will need to make an application ASAP for a new certificate
- You must have experience as either a Cover Supervisor or Teacher in UK based secondary schools
- Having teaching experience in a specialist environment or with mental health needs or social and emotional difficulties is highly beneficial
If you are passionate about teaching vulnerable children in education, please send your up-to-date CV today.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.