Hawk is a leading provider of apprenticeships with over 30 years' experience delivering high quality programmes to a diverse range of employers across the UK, with much of our provision in London and the South East. We are passionate about people, empowering them to reach their full potential through transformational learning experiences.
We have an opening for a Data and Compliance Manager to lead a dedicated team of data and compliance administrators, processing monthly ESFA claims, leading on audit and compliance and providing detailed reports and data analysis to inform contractual performance and compliance with ESFA funding regulations.
This is a fantastic progression opportunity for someone with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role and current knowledge of the ESFA funding rules and experience using Maytas or equivalent MIS. You will have led on audit and compliance and be confident interpreting the funding rules, working with the relevant stakeholders to uphold our commitment to quality improvement and comply with ESFA regulations.
Hawk is a forward-thinking training provider and an Investors in People Gold company. We recruit and build teams based around our company values of Forward-thinking, Learning, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowering; so, you can expect a development path to support your growth.
• Lead and oversee the ILR funding submissions, ensuring timely and accurate funding returns are made in line with ESFA rules
• Support the development of robust processes across Hawk's data & compliance and wider team to ensure that apprenticeship learner data is kept up to date and reflective of delivery for the duration of the entire learner journey
• Lead and guide the team ensuring that workflows are managed effectively and ensuring ESFA compliance across all administrative processes
• Initiate and oversee internal audits within the team, liaising with the Finance Director to review feedback and asses higher risk areas in preparation for a funding assurance audit
• Deliver audit and compliance reports to the senior management team as required
• Within the apprentice enrolment period: oversee the assessment of learner eligibility and manage the funding calculations made during initial assessment
• Manage the Apprenticeship Service process and ensure all accounts are double locked prior to cut off
• Help create clear and accurate reports for apprenticeship delivery to facilitate effective planning and performance monitoring
• Provide funding and compliance knowledge and support to relevant departments, keeping up to date with government initiatives and ensuring internal processes and documentation are fully compliant
• Effectively manage relationships and all data requirements for Hawk's managed services partners
• Work collaboratively as part of the wider management teams to drive performance.
Qualifications / Experience / Competencies:
• Proven track record of leading a data and compliance team
• Comprehensive knowledge of current funding rules and Audit partners such as ESFA, Ofsted
• Work based learning sector experience is essential
• Advanced skills of using MI Systems and reporting applications (ideally Maytas)
• Experience in using and interrogating ESFA, PDSAT and FRM reports
• Good working knowledge of compliance with data protection legislation including GDPR
• Microsoft Office user, with advanced MS Excel skills
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Results and solutions driven
• Effective communication skills; verbal and written
• An appetite for career progression
• Competitive salary
• An Investors In People Gold organisation, committed to your career development
• Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
• Summer and winter parties and team day events
• 24 days' leave, plus bank holidays and Christmas period
• Your birthday off!
• 1 hour per week MEtime wellbeing initiative
• BUPA cash plan
• Rewards and Recognition platform with over 900 + discounts
• 1 paid 'Giving Back' day a year for volunteering/charity work
This Company is an equal opportunities employer. Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation Please note, all applications to Hawk Training are reviewed with meaningful human intervention and decisions are not based solely on automated processing or profiling