phone number removed) Deputy Headteacher Berkeley £45,343.00 - £50,151.00
Job title Deputy Headteacher
"Deputy Headteacher" or headteacher or "assistant head teacher" or "assistant headteacher" or "deputy head teacher" or "head master" or "head mistress" or "head of school" or "head teacher" or headmaster or headmistress"
Employment type Location: Berkeley, South Gloucestershire
Salary: £45,343.00 - £50,151.00 (L4-L8)
Hours: 40 hours per we
Overview of company We are one of the largest providers of education
Purpose of position Due to expansion we are looking to recruit additional staff
Industry Education (Apply online only)
Specialisation We are looking for an inspirational and engaging Deputy Headteacher who shares our commitment and vision in providing an ambitious and therapeutic, person-centred learning environment for our students with SEMH needs.
Working collaboratively with the Headteacher and the Leadership Team, you will have knowledge, experience, and interpersonal skills to develop our school in accordance with it's shared values and our school development plans.
Within our structure, the Deputy Head will take responsibility for whole school Curriculum oversight, pupil assessment and performance, and quality assurance of teaching, learning & assessment standards. This will include line management of education staff and oversight of exams and awarding bodies.
We are an organisation who will also support you as an individual to fulfil your potential. We therefore seek a dedicated and passionate individual to lead in the operational running of the school
Responsibilities • Deputise and undertake overall responsibility for the school in the absence of the Headteacher and on any other occasions where required.
• Hold strategic responsibility for the schools educational provision, including pupil assessment - their attainment and progress, also curriculum planning, development and provision, and pupil employability, including careers, work experience, and examinations.
• Work with the Headteacher to ensure that the aims, values and objectives of the school are achieved through an effective School Development Plan.
• Ensure that all staff adhere to national standards and regulation.
• Carry out staff appraisals as designated by the Head.
• Manage and oversee the effectiveness of the TA group, including competencies, observations and feedback, deployment, and in-service development.
• With the Headteacher, to share responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding of all pupils.
• With the Headteacher, to have responsibility for the general welfare, discipline and behaviour of all pupils.
Experience/ skills required • Show evidence of at least 5 years successful proven track record of excellent creative and structured teaching within the special needs environment.
• Experience of teaching in a specialist SEMH Environment.
• Evidence of major whole school responsibilities and experience of turning policy into effective and successful practice.
• Experience of working with and developing links with the community
• Leadership of a significant area or phase or inclusion, including responsibility for raising standards across the whole school.
• Experience of working with and involving school governors/trustees or executives
Salary £45,343.00 - £50,151.00
(OTE + benefits) • Full training and continued support
• Life assurance and pension
• Health cash back plan
• Car lease scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Perk box
• Free parking
Qualifications essential Qualifications:
• Qualified teacher status.
• Accredited training in specific areas of special education, e.g. Social/Emotional Needs
• Recent management training