Deputy Nursery Manager - Ilford
£8.91 per hourPermanent, Full time
Our client is a charitable organisation serving the community by delivering public services and their nursery is purpose built with a large garden, giant indoor sandpit and brand new soft play area.
They are currently looking for a Deputy Nursery Manager / Room Leader to work in partnership with the manager to develop, coordinate and manage all aspects of the nursery, ensuring a high quality of integrated education and childcare.
- Will Work with the Manager and additional Deputy Nursery Manager / Room Leader to develop the nursery in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS).
- Take responsibility and coordinate the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the work of the nursery to ensure systems are in place to produce monitoring information
- Work in conjunction with the manager for the management and development of the day care provision
- Monitor and evaluate staff's ability to motivate and progress children's development through planning, observations and profiles in accordance with EYFS and Every Child Matters
- Work with the Manager to recruit, support and supervise staff employed at the nursery and ensure the fulfilment of contractual obligations. This will include in-house training and team meetings with other partner agencies as appropriate
- Undertake one to ones and appraisals with the team working with the Manager
- Provide support and ensure that all staff, volunteers and students working in the nursery comply with all relevant policies and procedures
- Review and update all policies and procedure with the manager and inform the team of changes
- Ensure good communication between staff, parents and other outside agencies and professionals, to ensure that the service reflects changes in the evolving programme
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Hold an NNEB/CACHE, BTEC or NVQ in Childcare at Level 3 or above, have recent post qualifying experience within a Nursery environment and a Paediatric first aid qualification
- The desirable qualifications are a basic food hygiene certificate, Level 3 in Safeguarding and a Level 3 in Special Educational Needs.
- The successful applicants should have experience as a Room Leader in a day care setting, experience and knowledge of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures, the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people including parents and other professionals, excellent written and oral communication skills, an understanding and knowledge of Ofsted standards for inspection requirements, knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and experience in managing and developing a team.
If you are looking to progress your career then please forward your CV as soon as possible.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.