VD Recruitment has proudly partnered with a beautiful Montessori Nursery in North West London. We are recruiting for a strong Deputy Room Leader for their Preschool Room.
Excellent Salary Package - £23k - £28k PA + £2000 Welcome Bonus + Loads of other Benefits
Location: Pinner HA5
You must have strong knowledge of the EYFS, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. The Deputy Room Leader must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children. This is a full time permanent role with 40 hours/week working with a variety of shifts between the hours of 8am-6pm offering at least one half day per week. Our client has achieved an OUTSTANDING award from Ofsted.
Your role as a Deputy Room Leader includes-
* Provide high quality care and activities for the children following Montessori Ethos and to recognize both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
* Ensure you are familiar with the key policies and procedures, especially safeguarding children, equal opportunities, behaviour management and health and safety.
* Ensure child profiles in your rooms are up to date and relevant.
* Ensure parent issues and concerns are dealt with promptly and accurately. Ensure management are informed and consulted where relevant.
* Participate in room and staff meetings.
* Assisting the Room Leader to Lead a team, encouraging and raising practice daily.
* Delegating tasks to your team to ensure the smooth running of the room.
* Support co-ordinators such as SENCO, Equal Opportunities in their roles.
* To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and promote the quality ethos of the nursery.
* Carry out health and safety checks as required to ensure the room / nursery is tidy, safe, clean and secure for children, staff, parents/carers and visitors
Person Specification for the ideal Deputy Room Leader
* Level 3 qualification in Childcare & Education / QTS
* Montessori qualification from MCI /AMI London will be a Plus
* 1 - 2 years experience of working in the Preschool Room.
* The ability to deliver high-quality practice.
* Strong knowledge of the EYFS and safeguarding procedures.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good ICT skills
Benefits: Through effective staff recruitment processes our client employs 'best in class' practitioners. They have high staff retention rates and take care of their staff well.
Excellent Salary Package with an annual review.
Generous holiday allowance with one extra day's holiday per year increasing with each year of service
One day's extra holiday on your birthday each year!
Fabulous in house CPD opportunities
Regular employee recognition awards
Employee milestone awards
Bonus for outstanding attendance and punctuality
Two paid staff training days per year
Non-contact time provided each week during the nursery day to complete observations and update children's framework
Staff childcare discount
Time owed in lieu
On site Parking
If you are an Early Years Practitioner who can motivate children and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and References.
If you would like to be a part of this progressive team please send your cv