We are seeking a committed and driven individual to be a Deputy SENCO to work across both sites at a lovely school in Greenwich. The successful candidate will ensure a high quality, effective day-to-day provision for SEND and other vulnerable pupils. The successful candidate will provide outstanding practice across the school with regards to SEND co-ordination for pupils and vulnerable learners. They will ensure that there is a culture of high expectations for SEND pupils and that their needs are met to enable them to meet their full potential through high quality provision.
As a Deputy SENDCO, the successful candidate will work closely with the SENDCO and Deputy Headteacher (Curriculum) on all aspects of school improvement.
* The successful candidate will have previous experience as a SENCO or Inclusion Manager and will:
* Share responsibility for the day-to-day running of the school as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
* Promote the positive ethos of the school, fostering a welcoming, lively, safe and effective learning environment.
* To assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, pupil achievement and progression through effective inclusion for pupils with special educational needs.
* Inspire and motivate colleagues and contribute to the to the professional development of all members of the school community.
To be considered you will need to be:
* Flexible and supportive, with high expectations of children and staff.
* A great communicator, winning the trust of parents and colleagues.
* An excellent classroom practitioner, leading by example.
* Approachable and have a sense of humour.
* Very energetic and enthusiastic!
We can offer you:
* A comprehensive induction and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
* Support from a highly motivated leadership team and staff.
* The chance to be part of a rapidly improving school
If you are interested in applying for this role please complete an apply within. Please contact Aaron at Vision Teaching today