Early Years ASD Teaching Assistant
Payscale - £80-£90
LTF Recruitment are currently working with an excellent Primary School in Lambeth, who are looking for an experienced Early Years Teaching Assistant with Special needs support Experience to join their school. The role is on a full time basis for the remainder of the academic year, with the potential of a permanent position for the right candidate.
Main Duties will entail:
- Supervise and engage children in learning an play activities
- working closely with pupils who experience difficulties in the classroom and encouraging them to engage in the curriculum
- Working with team members
- Adapt support according to needs of the children
It will be desirable for the candidate to:
- Have knowledge of the Early Years curriculum
- Be confident and calm when managing challenging behaviour and
- Have a passion to support and engage children with a range of learning needs
- Experience working with children in early years with SEN
- Training and / or qualifications working with children with ASD.
Successful candidates will benefit from working at an inclusive school in a caring and friendly environment; with an experienced and supportive senior team committed to the improvement of students' learning opportunities and teachers' professional development. The school is in the Lambeth area and benefits from excellent facilities and nearby transport options.
To apply for the role please submit your CV via the application page or direct . All applicants will need a valid DBS and references.