Who we are
Hatching Dragons is one of the UK's leading bilingual early years educational brands, having built its reputation around Chinese and English immersion for which we have received 99% positive reviews from our community. We're now expanding our languages portfolio with the planned launch of a Spanish bilingual school in The coming year - our aim is to become the defacto bilingual early years immersion provider across the UK and so have Russian, French, Arabic and more languages in our pipeline for future schools developments. We're also launching new childcare services in language enriched weekend schools, holiday camps and after school clubs in the communities we serve, along with home based educators and tutors to service childcare needs in the home environment, which we really do think we're an exciting place to work for those who want to continue to improve, do something new and different in the space
What's the Early Years Educator Role:
We are currently looking for a (level 2 or 3) Qualified Early Years Educators to join our Nursery on a Full Time Basis . The role will require the candidate to work within all our rooms as a floater, at first and during probation, until becoming a primary key person in one of our rooms. you will therefore be acting as support for our Baby Room, Toddler and Preschool Room. Your role will be to work under the Room Leaders to support with daily routines, educational planning and activities.
who are you?
The ideal candidate will have experience working in with children from the age of 6 months-5 years and have a minimum level 3 childcare qualification. We're after all thr Ps: passionate, positive people who are proactive, purposeful and progressive in their world view. If that sounds like you, this is for you.
What we can do for you:
* In house accredited training to see you progress in your knowledge and skills. So if you'd like to become a level 4 or Level 5 practitioner, fancy undertaking training in Montessori or Steiner; or need an update in Safeguarding or Paediatric First Aid, we can do it, in house, for you.
* Untapped level 2 training programmes in everything from First Aid through to Food Hygiene, practice led modules on baby care through to understanding autism - all paid for by us.
* Placements and rotations around the business for you to get a full, rounded experience of what we do and how we do it around town to embed you with our family
* Training Days each term to get together, relax, talk and understand how to do what we do better
* Recruitment bonuses - recommend a staffer to us and we'll give you £100-£250 for candidates who sign up and pass probation
* Career progression - promotional opportunities across the group at our other sites as we grow
* £(Apply online only) end of first year bonus
* Management training - for those who move into Room Leadership roles, to undertake our micro-management training programme with the group CEO to better understand and manage the business one day
* Sales & HR Training - leveraging the best in tech platforms to see you become an accomplished CRM expert to broaden your skills sets beyond the classroom
* Profit related pay bonus schemes - when the schools hit target, so will you
What Skills You'll Need:
* Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills
* Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers
* A good understanding of the EYFS
* Maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues
* A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
* The ability to model, motivate and support staff
* Problem-solving skills
* IT competence in cloud based apps / tech
* Good knowledge of Ofsted requirements for the provision of safe care to children
* Knowledge of health & safety requirements for the environment
* Knowledge of safeguarding
* Experience of working in a small team, supporting colleagues with peer on peer observations.
* A commitment to the provision of high-quality childcare.
* Being able to deliver a tough message in a fair way
* Supporting nursery marketing events experience
Hatching Dragons is committed to employing the most rigorous vetting procedures to ensure that its staff are the most qualified to care for its children. For full guidance, see our application form online