Corner House Nursery
Position: Early Year Practitioner
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week, shift pattern
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 82 Lavington Road, Ealing, London, W13 9LR
We are looking to appoint a passionate and caring Early Years Practitioner.
Corner House Nursery based in Ealing, West London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early years practitioners and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in our care. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children's learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent required
• To maintain children's safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips
• To maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager
• To take part in supervisions, reflecting on your own wellbeing and mental health and to seek support from Management when you need it.
• To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
• Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching.
• Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn.
• Working with parents to support their children.
• Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
• Monitoring progress and planning educational games.
• Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day.
We would like to hear from you if you are looking for a new challenge in a fantastic nursery. Our small friendly team of staff will welcome you into the nursery. We believe that every child should experience the best care and education.
As part of Inspired learning group you will benefit from;
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Salary review
• Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of salary progression
• Ongoing coaching from the management team
• Career progression as our business grows
• Childcare fee discount
• 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
• Pension scheme
• Health cash plan including access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, Employee Assistance Programme, scanning service (MRI, CT and PET scans) and Westfield rewards where you will be able to obtain discounts from various high street and online outlets
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team .
We look forward to your application.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Corner House Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).