If you're driven, ambitious and have experience in early years education, we want to hear from you! We're an eco-conscious designed nursery group located just a stone's throw from Tower Bridge and we're looking for an impressive Early Years Educator to join our team.
Here at Maryams we thoroughly believe in hiring based on character above all else, so you'll be joining an outstanding team and a growing business with an exceptional culture. As an organisation, our aim is to change the perception of the nursery industry by being the best and moving it forward. We're all raising the future together. And through this, we become family.
At Maryam's, this belief is deeply rooted in everything we do. With over two decades of experience, we're incredibly proud to offer our bespoke approach to childcare. We do things differently, so don't expect the ordinary. We care, we listen, we're constantly learning from each other and refining our craft, we value teamwork over individual success and we're always fun to work with, even in the trickiest of situations!
Contact us if you would like to join Maryams Family.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Complete observation and assessment standards Maryams Ethos to ensure a child-centred approach and complete the observation and planning process meets the needs.
* Deliver the highest care and educations standards, support and carryout key person 1-1 supervision meetings with families.
* Demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures through your individual impact.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication with all stakeholders of the nursery and wider community including parent's, professionals and colleagues.
* To understand all safeguarding procedures and to make the manager aware of any concerns in relation to the Safeguarding of our children, families or colleagues
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Continuation of personal professional development to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date, full, and relevant to the role of a qualified Nursery Nurse.
* Completing accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour and supporting children to manage their own feelings.
* Ensuring effective supervision of children to ensure they remain safe and well in line with regulatory standards.
* Delivery of highest quality Early Childhood practice and experiences for all children in the setting, including those with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability, promoting emotional wellbeing.
* Ensuring you risk assess all areas of the nursery which children would have access to and ensure their play and learning experiences are safe and age appropriate.
* Supervise and support in the preparation of meals and mealtimes in line with policies and procedures and ensure high supervision of children is maintained at all times.
* Fulfil their roles, responsibilities and legislation duty in relation to safeguarding children by ensure that they have read understood and implement the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
* Undertake regular 121 supervision meetings with families' colleagues and professionals to ensure children within your key person group are meeting their milestones for personal development.
* Proven experience of working with early years education settings with successful outcomes.
* Working in collaboration with colleagues in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication and the support of all members of the nursery team.
* A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Experience of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures
* Highly motivated and driven, meeting deadlines in relation to children's record keeping and assessment.
* Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
* Working within policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement.
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification or level 2 qualification (Essential)
* Paediatric first aid (Essential)
* Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (This can be completed as part of Induction)
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (Essential)