A leading bright and vibrant Montessori & Forest School located in the heart of North Harrow are looking for a passionate Nursery Practitioner & Nursery Assistant with strong knowledge of the EYFS and good communication skills. They are committed to delivering exceptional standards of pre-school care, education and an uncompromising approach to quality. The individual must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children.
This is a full time permanent role with 40 hours/week working with rotating shifts between 7.30am - 6pm. You will have minimum Level 2 for Nursery Assistant role or Level 3 CACHE /NVQ or equivalent qualification in Childcare for Nursery Practitioner role.
Location - Harrow HA2
Salary Offered - £19,700 - £22,000
Duties & Responsibilities for Nursery Practitioner -
* Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
* Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance for young children in accordance with nursery policy and guidelines.
* Observe each child's progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Participate in the key person system and be responsible for a group of children. Monitor, assess, record and report on their development and progress.
* Work in partnership with parents/carers, recognising that parents are their children's first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the nursery.
* Assist and attend parents' meetings and open days.
* As a Nursery Practitioner you will help Maintain the safety and security of all children, employees and visitors to the Nursery.
* Help carry out regular assessments to ensure all Nursery Health and Safety procedures are followed.
* Ensure the cleanliness of the children and their surroundings at all times.
Skills Required for Nursery Practitioner or Nursery Assistant:
* Level 3 or Level 2 in Childcare & Education
* QTS or Montessori qualified will be a plus
* Good sound knowledge of the EYFS
* Experience in a nursery setting
* Good written and communication skills
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your cv