This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and well-established Nursery School in the South East of London.
The aim of The Villa is to be a home for the children in our care, and we are truly proud of the quality of environment provided for the children and families.
We are looking for enthusiastic Early Years Practitioners who are qualified to a level 2 and above to deliver our bespoke curriculum, whilst building and maintaining excellent relationships with families.
Our Nursery is based a 12-minute walk from Peckham Rye Station and Peckham High Street, giving plenty of access to public transport and connections.
- Starting Salary of £24,000 for a level 3, and up to £28,000 depending on experience.
- Sick Pay (up to 5 days per year)
- 33 days of paid holiday a year and a paid day off for birthdays
- Training opportunities- Career Development
- Childcare discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend bonus
- 3 years and 5 years' service bonus
Scope of Position
- To work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high-quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences that meet their individual needs.
Childcare and Education
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning.
- Maintain accurate and effective children's records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Work with the team to continuously improve the quality of childcare and education.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understands, and when necessary, follow Child Protection Procedures.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Work with SENCO, EYFS advisors, health professionals and professional agencies as appropriate.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS or relevant statutory regulations, and relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools and other agencies that may visit the setting.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Be actively involved in implementing the curriculum plans within the room.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety, and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures, to manage risk and ensure that any remedial action is taken immediately.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off, and collection of children.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food surface areas.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Support the manager and staff during inspections by regulatory bodies and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Ensure all relevant documents are organised and kept safe.
- Undertake a shared responsibility and work in partnership with the team to evaluate and improve standards.
- Work as a team with other staff members.
- Support and mentor students.
- Work with room leader and curriculum coordinator in implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum to ensure a consistent approach.
- Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including appraisals, supervision etc.
- Develop and promote parental partnership and involvement.
- Build a good and professional relationship with parents and carers.
- Support families during settling in, transitions etc.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the company's policies on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
NB: The Villa reserves the right to periodically review this job description.