Do you want to play an incredibly valuable part in shaping the lives of future generations? Working in an Early Years environment is a career you can be proud of!
This post is for 19 hours per week in the mornings Tuesday to Friday AM, term time only, at Shanklin Pre-School in Belmont.
Plan, deliver and evaluate high quality Childcare and Education across the Pre-school.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning
- Maintain accurate and effective children's records
- Work as part of an forward thinking and supportive team
- Work in partnership with parent/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate an understanding of multi-agency working e.g. in partnership with Children's Centres
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS and have a good understanding of recent developments in Early Years.
- Have excellent understanding of child development and how children learn.
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of child protection and safeguarding protocols
Please refer to the Role Profile when completing your supporting statement.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Amanda Hodson on for an informal chat or by email at
The Pre-School Service is a key element of the Children's Centre offer in the borough. We provide high quality care and education to children aged 2 - 4 years old.
All of our preschools have been judged by Ofsted to be 'good' or 'outstanding' and we are tremendously proud of our fully inclusive and nurturing environments and the early learning experience we are able to offer all children, including those with complex needs.
Our staff are highly skilled and work very closely with our multi-agency partners (Health Visitors, Early Years' SENCOs, Community Paediatricians, specialist teams eg. Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Social Workers etc.) to ensure that every child's needs are met and that with an individualised, bespoke learning programme all are able to make fantastic progress alongside their peers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and brilliant Early Years Practitioner to support the day to day running of a Pre-school for children from 2 years to 4 years old.
If you are responsible, reliable and have bucket loads of enthusiasm on top of a caring nature, a can-do attitude and of course, enjoy working with children and their families, this could be the perfect career for you. You will lead and support a small team of practitioners and have access to lots of ongoing training and professional development alongside immense job satisfaction knowing you've made a real difference.
You will hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent) to be considered for this post. Experience of working with and supporting children with emerging needs and working in partnership with parents and carers is desirable.