This is a homebased role
The main responsibilities of this role are to deliver underpinning knowledge to learners and to assess and support them to fulfil their course assessment requirements. Tutor Assessors will have the opportunity to work with learners across a variety of programmes of study. Tutor Assessors will work with groups of learners or individual learners depending on the programme of study. This interaction with learners may take place at one of the sites or in the learner's workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Carry out assessment and internal verification duties as necessary for the curriculum area(s) within which you are based and to a standard required by your manager that will best support the success of your learners.
* Organise, oversee and mark written assessments providing the appropriate level of feedback to each learner in order for them to make good progress on their course of study.
* Carry out assessment of learners' practical skills and underpinning knowledge in the workplace as required and ensure that workplace visits are timely and in agreement with the employer and the learner. Record the outcomes of such assessments in detail whenever possible using Learning Assistant.
* Provide and co-ordinate appropriate tutorial support for learners and ensure that ITPs and Reviews are completed to a high standard that can assist learners to be successful in their programme of study. Ensure that Apprenticeship Reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
* Take responsibility for ensuring that start and end dates are accurately recorded for each learner and understand that timely success is essential to the success of Apprentices on College programmes.
* Provide timely information to the Apprenticeship Officers for new Apprenticeship starts.
* Complete Health & Safety risk assessments for each placement- meeting government body requirements.
* Liaise with the appropriate Manager and Internal Quality Assurance Co-ordinator to report on learner progress and the quality of the provision. Take responsibility for keeping learners on track for timely completion of their qualification.
* Assist in the recruitment, induction, support and assessment of learners, as required and ensure that appropriate Information, Advice and Guidance is provided for learners and that they are enrolled onto the correct programme of study.
* Record accurately learner achievement and complete and maintain any necessary paperwork as required by the College and the awarding body. Utilise systems for recording learner progress and outcomes as requested by your Internal Quality Assurance Co-ordinator and Manager. This includes the use of Learning Assistant.
* Take responsibility for learner management issues whilst within the College environment, primarily with your own student groups but also other students as necessary. Implement student behaviour practices as advised by Pivotal Training and now adopted.
* Take responsibility for building a working relationship with the employer of each of your learners and regularly report to them on the performance of their staff. Use the opportunity of these relationships to generate further business opportunities and enrolments.
* Contribute to the development of learning materials, as appropriate, and liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Co-ordinator to establish appropriate curriculum resourcing in support of learning. Base your delivery sessions around the Learning Cycle and attend all training to improve the standards of teaching and learning at the College. Actively engage in the use of the VLE and in developing new interactive learning materials.
* Take responsibility for developing your professional practice as a educationalist and as a sector based professional. Undertake the appropriate CPD activity each year to ensure that you remain current in your vocational sector and in your teaching and assessment methodology.
* Take responsibility for collecting destination data for your learners and for ensuring that satisfaction surveys are conducted with your learner and their employer during and at the completion of their programme of study.
* Attend all necessary meetings and events such as Open Evenings, Standardisation and Team meetings, Staff Development Days and specific promotional events as organised by the Marketing Team or your own team.
• Appropriate NVQ level 3 or 4 professional qualifications in the curriculum area.
• Holds Assessors Award
• Holds teaching qualification or is willing to study to achieve a teaching qualification.
• Verifiers Award or be prepared to work towards this.
• First Degree
* Substantial record of work experience in the relevant field and have experience of having assessed candidates.
• Experience of teaching.
• Experience of supervising/coaching others
• Effective written and verbal communication skills & interpersonal skills.
• Good organisation and presentation skills.
• The ability to manage learning situations using flexible, student centred approaches.
• An awareness of and commitment to Health & Safety guidelines.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Ability to use discretion and own initiative.
• A commitment to the use of IT applications.
* A good record of timekeeping and attendance and a willingness to work outside of standard office hours as needed.
* Appropriate professional appearance.
* A commitment to promoting the health, safety and welfare of learners:
* Maintain professional relationships with all learners:
* Achieve a DBS check satisfactory to the College.
* A commitment to work within the framework of the College's Equality & Diversity framework
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data
will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request. As we get a high number of applications we may be unable to give feedback to unsuccessful candidates. We will retain your details to keep you informed of other opportunities. National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all backgrounds