An excellent education training provider is looking to recruit a Functional Skills Tutor, to work on a full-time permanent basis, starting ASAP.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and motivated Functional Skills Tutor, with a true passion for teaching. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering English and Maths Functional Skills qualifications at levels 1 and 2 to adult apprentices in the British Army. You will deliver on site at an Army Barracks based in Cottesmore, Rutland - North-East of Oakham. Class sizes are up to 10 leaners at a maximum, who will stay with you for a weeklong course.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Teaching English and Maths qualifications at levels 1 and 2
* Conducting initial assessments, diagnostic assessments and administering exams.
* Complete Speaking and Listening assessments at levels 1 and 2
* Recording of assessments and completion of Awarding Body paperwork.
* Provide remote learning support and motivate learners in their studies.
* Prepare and use suitable teaching and learning materials which take into account differentiation and individual learning styles.
* Use a range of appropriate delivery methodologies.
* Maintain accurate records as required for examinations, all assessed work and report on learner progress when required.
Salary & Benefits
* The salary for this position is £26,551
* Holiday - 26 days + Bank Holidays
* Travel expenses, hotel expenses including meal allowance (when applicable)
To be considered, suitable candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
* A Teaching Qualification
* A subject specialism in English or Maths (desirable)
* A minimum level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics
* Experience of delivering Functional Skills English and Maths up to level 2
* A Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply via the link. Alternatively, you can contact Chris to discuss the role in further detail.
If this vacancy is not of interest to you at this time, but you happen to know someone who might be suitable and interested, then please kindly pass these details on to them.
Dovetail and Slate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants and clients to share this commitment.
This role may involve work with under 18's or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Dovetail and Slate ltd acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract)