Graduate Teaching Assistant | Full Time| Waltham Forest
Graduate Teaching AssistantWaltham ForestPayscale £80-90
Are you a graduate considering a career in education?
Would you like paid work experience in schools before undertaking your teacher training?
If the answer is yes, then LTF Recruitment may have the perfect role for you!
LTF Recruitment are working on an Outstanding opportunity within one of our inclusive partnered Primary Schools in the Waltham Forest. The school are eager for a passionate graduate to join their support staff working with SEN pupils. The school is a mainstream primary with a high proportion of students with special educational needs, meaning the role will involve working 1:1 with students requiring additional support. This graduate SEN teaching assistant role is ideal for those with the career ambition to work within education either in teaching or educational psychology. This full time role is available to start straight away in this new term, working during school hours, with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
Main Duties will entail:
- Working with students requiring additional support in both on a 1:1 basis and within smaller group environments.
- Engaging SEN pupils and encouraging interaction with lessons and the curriculum.
- Supporting children with reading, writing and their work.
- Supporting the Class teacher with delivery of lessons.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience working with children within a school environment is desirable
- A good understanding of Special educational needs
- A flexible attitude and be able to adapt approach to meet learner's needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The school is located in Waltham Forest and is within easy reach of both nearby tube and main line stations. This is a wonderful opportunity for aspiring graduates to begin working in a school environment, the school has wonderful SEND Department and the best facilities to support their pupils and experienced and enthusiastic staff who work hard to give the children the best possible education they can.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and successful applicants will have excellent opportunities for progression. To apply for the role please submit your CV via the application page or direct to Richard at LTF Recruitment. All applicants will need a valid DBS and 2 references.