Job Title: KS3-4 Home Tuition Tutor
Pattern of Work: Term Time and within school hours
Salary: Competitive Hourly Rates - Hours dependent on number of referrals.
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: As soon as possible
Ashley College is a Medical Needs Pupil Referral Unit specialising in providing education for children and young people, 5-16 years of age, who are resident in Brent and not able to attend mainstream school due to their health needs.
Working with parents/carers, mainstream schools, support agencies and professionals we strive ensure a continuity of care and education whilst children and young people have a medical need preventing them from attending school, working with students both in a tuition centre and off site, either at their homes or in other suitable locations such as a library.
Are you a qualified teacher who is looking for more flexible working hours? This role would suit teachers who are either: retired or wanting flexible part-time work to suit other commitments they may have.
· Tuition is provided term time during normal school hours.
· We are looking for experienced KS3-4 teachers to provide 1:1 home tuition to students who are unable to attend our centre.
· The hours can be flexible to suit your need
· We provide excellent CPD and support to our home tutors
We welcome applications from dynamic and innovative professionals who share our passion for supporting vulnerable young people with, often complex, medical conditions, mental health needs and emotional disorders or a combination of these.
· The suitable candidate must have National Curriculum knowledge in English, Maths or Science at the appropriate Key Stage
· At least 2 years teaching experience in the UK
· A UK recognised teaching qualification i.e. QTS
In return we can offer:
· A laptop and a mobile phone; plus other necessary resources
· Competitive hourly rates
· Flexibility with hours of work, to suit other commitments
· Paid CPD - Centre based or online
· Access to Employee Assistance Programme and staff wellbeing activities
We are a small provision and a very supportive team who value staff wellbeing and have achieved the Optimus Award in this area.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you suit our provision and would like further information, please contact our Office Manager, Christine Cahillane by clicking apply
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check:
Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced DBS check considered satisfactory by the School or hold a current one registered with the update service. Ashley College and the London Borough of Brent are Equal Opportunities employers and having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position applied for and the circumstances and background of your offences. We will not unfairly discriminate against you, based on conviction or other details revealed.
However, we are committed to protecting our vulnerable clients and will fully comply with the DBS code of practice. For a copy of the code, please visit homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs or request a copy from Human Resources.
Failure to disclose information or providing deliberate false information in order to gain employment may lead to your dismissal or a withdrawal of an offer of employment.
Rehabilitation of offenders Act
This post is exempt from section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974, as the duties give you access to persons who are under the age of 18. Applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions, which would be regarded as spent for other purposes