Instructional Design Consultant
The Virginia Talent Accelerator Program is seeking an energetic and engaging, part-time Instructional Design Consultant to help create highly customized and engaging training deliverables as part of a new world-class Talent Solutions Division. Operated by the Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP), the Virginia Talent Accelerator provides fully customized talent acquisition and development solutions at no cost to qualified new and expanding companies as an incentive for job creation.
The core deliverables for this position will be developing and delivering leadership training modules that are fully customized to a client company's unique culture.
If you love instructional design, this position offers a rare and exciting opportunity to work on multiple projects with the world's most prestigious manufacturing companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations.
Hours for this position will vary based on client schedules but cannot exceed 29 hours per week averaged over the course of a year. This position does not carry benefits. Our Instructional Design Consultants must be willing to travel to client locations throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, and occasionally to client locations outside Virginia.
• Create, design, and deliver highly customized training programs for each client company's unique culture, processes, procedures, and standards
• Work with client management and subject-matter experts to identify the training needs of the client and the target audience
• Continually explore areas of opportunity for use of learning methodologies and technology mediums for content delivery to promote a world-class training experience
• Contribute to the design and development of a core suite of modules that will serve as the program's core offerings in leadership related topics such as communication, emotional intelligence, managing conflict, and team performance
• Maintain relationships with client's leadership team and support VEDP leadership to ensure all deadlines are met and all VEDP deliverables are highly valued by the client
• Proficiency in designing, creating and facilitating training courses for new hire scenarios
• Verbal and written communication expertise
• Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
• Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
• Extensive knowledge of eLearning methods and practices
• 1 to 3 years of experience in the design, development, and delivery of training, preferably in a manufacturing, logistics and distribution, or corporate environment
• At least 3 years of experience of training facilitation, preferably in a manufacturing, logistics and distribution, or corporate environment
• At least 3 years of experience in project management within external/internal cross-functional teams
• Experience developing and delivering leadership training
• Private-sector experience working in and/or with large, multinational firm(s)
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources personnel.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid Virginia driver's license is required. Application deadline: December 10, 2021.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1- or . TDD 1-.