About Tulsa Community College
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees.
We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations.
We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Provide interpreting/transliterating services for the deaf and hard of hearing student attending classes, meetings, or attending college-related events; provide interpreting/transliterating services for staff when appropriate.
Position Type: Full-time
Curricular: If Faculty, Contract Length:
Job Code Number: 4887F-05-20
- Quality Assurance Screening Test (QAST) Level IV or V, and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) Certifications.
- Require Associate's degree or equivalent education in Sign Language Interpreting or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Deaf Culture.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to perform responsibilities under one's own initiative with general supervision.
- Understanding of and compliance with the RID Code of Professional Conduct.
- Fluency in American Sign Language.
- Bachelor's degree in Sign Language Interpreting or a related field.
- Experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated training as a speech-to-text captionist, or willingness to be trained as a captionist.
- Ability to interpret during evening and weekend hours as needed.
Starting Salary Range: $16.30/hour - $18.54/hour
Work Schedule: 8:00-5:00 with some evenings and possible weekends. Travel between campuses should be expected.
Posting Date: 05/20/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants: Documentation of certification level will be required.
Advertised Department: Accessibility Resources