Junior IT On-Site Technician
Location: South London (SE18)
Pattern: Full Time
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 10am on 17 December 2021
Interviews: Will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
About the role:
To work with the wider Ark IT team to provide excellent customer centric, proactive, and reactive support to ensure the continuous availability of the IT equipment within the SLA's and KPI's as defined.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess incoming incident and prioritise work according to timescales and processes.
- Keep accurate and timely records within the incident monitoring system making sure that the end user receives feedback at all times on the progress of faults and changes.
- Carry out basic technical investigation into support calls and escalate to the technical team where issues require escalation.
- Maintain spare IT stock, warranties and software licences in accordance with the asset register.
- Arrange and repair (where required) equipment under the terms of the warranty agreement on specific hardware.
- Complete checklists for daily/weekly/monthly tasks as set out by the IT Team Leader.
- Create User Accounts, manage permission and passwords
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding customer communications and response times
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas, such as desktop support, networking and operating systems
- Log/update or remove asset register information relating to kit when it is moved/deployed or disposed of within the school.
- Escalate issues impacting on your ability to meet specific objectives to the IT Team Leader ensuring issues are flagged in a timely manner.
- Provide additional support to end users as required.
- Able to collaborate with others to achieve high standards of end user satisfaction.
- Understand the need to adapt your style to suit the end user, communicate in a clear and confident manner.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in building relationships with others.
- Put current processes to the test and think of a better way; document the process, utilise and share.
- Some experience of identifying and resolving issues relating to the following:
- Windows, iOS, Mobile Device Management, Chrome devices, printers and print management solutions, projectors, IWB's and other interactive teaching technologies, internet and network connectivity, wireless and local area networks, email, Sharepoint, School Management Information Systems (Bromcom/Scholarpack/CMIS), software distribution using automated tools (SCCM), school based software/applications, active directory.
- A logical approach to problem solving and coordination of the information gathered to assist the technical team where necessary
- Excellent customer service skills and the desire to provide a professional IT service to schools
- Liaising with 3 rd party suppliers
- A good standard of written and oral communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, both taking direction from and
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes (Ark Ventures) that improve the education system.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by 10am on 17 December 2021 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our dedicated careers portal - arkonline.org/careers
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.