The University of Law (ULaw) is one of the world's largest law schools. With an impressive history dating back to 1876, we employ over 900 staff and have over 14,000 students studying on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, along with an alumni network in excess of 100,000.
We were the first-ever independent institution to be granted degree awarding powers and in 2012 we gained university title. With a rich heritage and a reputation for innovation and contemporary teaching practices, we continuously focus on developing the best legal and business minds.
Due to significant student growth, we are looking to recruit Tutors and Senior Tutors to join us on our exciting journey at our Bloomsbury campus. You will provide tuition across the University of Law course portfolio including the Legal Practice Course, SQE, Law Conversion Programmes, the LLM in Legal Practice, the LLB, the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), master's in law, PSC/PD, the BPC, Academic Masters courses and/or other University courses to the best possible standard.
We seek to appoint inspirational and talented Tutors who will;
- Teach and assess across the University of Law course portfolio, including teaching and assessing students across a range of written and oral skills and giving individual feedback on performances.
- Assist in the preparation of assignments and assessments as required.
- Mark students' written assignments, coursework assessments and examinations within stated deadlines and to the required standard.
- Participate in course design and review, as required.
- Participate in students' curricular and practice related activities, as required.
In return you will receive;
- Robust induction and mentoring programme
- Wide opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working
- 35 days holiday
- Support with teacher training qualification
- Support with further education and research
This is a great opportunity to inspire and develop the next generation of legal talent by providing tuition across the University of Law course portfolio.
You will be a qualified legal professional or experienced academic with a genuine passion for quality and excellence, who can demonstrate successful legal practice or academic experience. You will enjoy being challenged (by students and course content in equal measure) and be able to adapt to the different learning styles of students and methods of course delivery.
For more information on these opportunities and ULaw please contact our recruitment partner Hannah Connell by calling or emailing
*Please submit your CV as soon as possible, as interviews will be taking place at regular intervals throughout this recruitment campaign. Contact Hannah for more information*
Some posts within the University are subject to a DBS check - you will be notified of this during the application process.