We have a great opportunity for a Lead Early Years Educator to join our team at Longstanton Pre-school, based in Longstanton. If you are ready for the next career step to be a room lead, making the learning environment fun, enjoyable, creative for the children in your care, then this is the role for you!
We are a happy and friendly pre-school that has been steadily growing over the last few years. We have a beautiful building and grounds with wonderful links with Hatton Park Primary School.
The pre-school has one large purpose-built learning environment with a large entrance hall and office. It has it's own garden area and daily access to the large school playground and wooded area. Our children are at the heart of everything we do, and our aim is for every child to be happy, full of curiosity, good humour and ready to start their school life as lifelong learners. We encourage the principles of the curiosity approach, forest school and play.
We offer a free parking space within the school for the Early Years Manager. Longstanton is a village in South Cambridgeshire, England, 6 miles north-west of Cambridge city centre. Longstanton is close to the guided bus with frequent daily services from Longstanton to Cambridge and St Ives along the busway. There is also bus service links Longstanton and surrounding villages with Cambridge.
What we offer:
At the Early Years Alliance staff wellbeing is a key priority and we believe in offering a range of initiatives that support all of our staff:
- Access to a Learning Management System (LMS), 3 training days a year, plus personalised training plans for employees
- Family Friendly Policies, workplace pension scheme
- Nursery Management Information system to reduce paperwork (Family), and central admin support
- Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint and online support
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Access to qualified mental health first aiders and a wide range of wellbeing support.
- Attendance to a National Conference, team social events and uniform
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- 10% discount on childcare places
- To be a proactive member of the team that provides a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment in which children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- To support the Nursery Management team in delivering high quality care following policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for curriculum planning within the setting and to oversee the provision, in the absence of the Assistant Manager and Manager.
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in working in early education and childcare.
- A sound understanding of child development and children's needs with an ability to plan and implement the curriculum in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage, taking into account the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice, safeguarding procedures and equality and diversity considerations
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 39
Virtual interview date: To be confirmed
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.