A secondary Academy in Dalston, Hackney are in search of a lead Maths teacher to join their department from January 2021. This school has great history of serving the community for over 40 years.
They pride themselves on striving for excellence, they are looking for a teacher to help develop and shape their students.
Your Responsibilities are:
* To plan and prepare courses and lessons, using a variety of teaching methods and to provide written/oral feedback on class and homework in accordance with the scheme of learning.
* To plan effectively to ensure all students have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking account of the needs of students who are underachieving, very able students and those with special educational needs, making use of relevant information and specialist help where available.
* To take account of ethnic and cultural diversity to enrich the curriculum and raise achievement.
* To participate in the development of appropriate syllabuses, materials, reviews of schemes of work and policies. To contribute to the department's improvement plan and its implementation.
* To endeavour to establish a good rapport with classes and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework (according to Academy policy).
* To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils, maintaining accurate records and using the information to inform teaching and learning.
The relevant candidate must have:
* First degree or equivalent in the relevant subject(s).
* Qualified Teacher Status.
* Lead Practitioner Accreditation or equivalent (Desirable).
* Recent and relevant professional development.
* Higher degree or other professional qualification in a relevant area (Desirable).
* Teaching that is outstanding which impacts positively on student progress.
* A broad knowledge of relevant curriculum areas at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
* Experience of the use of data, tracking and target setting to raise attainment at individual student and cohort level and identify underperformance.
* Direct experience of managing a budget and resources.
* Experience of team leadership and team building.
* Experience of mentoring or coaching a colleague or team to make improvements or address underperformance'.
* An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
* A familiarity with Information Technology and with its educational use to enhance learning and teaching.
Ready to apply?
If this is you then download our app today and register your interest in this job for automatic shortlisting.
Just click the link here Download App - it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are SupplyNow?
We have spent long enough listening to those working "on supply" explain how low the pay is and how much of the money is swallowed up by inefficiency and commissions. We know how it all works and we know some clever IT people, so we realised there was another way. Hey presto, SupplyNow