This is an exciting opportunity to join Total People working as a learning coach to support the delivery of our Custody and Detention Officer Apprenticeships.
You will work with the new prison custody officers from the beginning of their initial training over a 12 month period to help develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours at the beginning of their prison custody officer career s and support them into gateway and through their end point assessment.
This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. Due to the nature of this post you must be willing to travel to various locations however the above posts are mainly concentrated in The Featherstone area of the West Midlands and in Durham,
At Total People we are committed to making a difference and we need motivated and passionate colleagues who can make it happen. The successful applicant must be flexible, confident and an excellent communicator.
Key Responsibilities Overview:
- To plan, conduct and evaluate coaching activities to improve and develop apprentices' skills, knowledge and behaviours
- To facilitate individualised learning and support with any learning needs and adaptations required by the learner
- Recognise and respect diversity and cultural differences
- Act as a positive role model in terms of conflict resolution, problem solving and emotional management
- Advise the employer when the apprentice is ready to undertake the End-point assessment.
- Provide tools and processes to support the apprentices to meet business requirements and to achieve pass or distinction at End-Point Assessment
- Must have worked as a Prison custody and detention officer in the last 3 years.
- Up to date knowledge on the key procedures and legislation linked to the custodial services in modern Britain.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a car is essential to the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who relishes a challenge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- No formal training, teaching or assessment qualifications required- just a passion for wanting to develop the skills of new Custody and Detention Officers
- Level 2 in Functional Skills Maths and English or equivalent
- Fully flexible working pattern- responsibility for planning your own diary
- Competitive Salary
- All equipment is provided to complete the role
- Blended delivery model which includes working from home and face to face on site visits
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Development Opportunities through our own in-house programmes and recognised qualifications
Total People is one of the largest providers of apprenticeships and work-based learning in the northwest. For more information on what we do please visit us at our company website. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the 'Apply online' button below.
Total People is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the job description.
The closing date for this job advert is 03/01/2022 however sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response, so we recommend you apply at your earliest opportunity.
Total People is committed to the safeguarding, protection and wellbeing of young people and adults. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.