eader Education is currently recruiting for a Specialist Learning Support Assistant to work at a special school in the Wakefield area.
This is a warm and welcoming school that caters for young people with severe and complex learning needs. The teaching style is adapted to each individuals learning needs to ensure the young people feel a true sense of achievement.
The role is full time and a fixed term role with the potential to become a permanent contract for the right candidate. .
The school are looking for someone who has a genuine passion for working with young people. The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to maintain a positive approach when faced with behaviours that challenge
- Successful experience supporting young people with a range of learning needs such as ASD, MLD, PMLD, VI, HI, SpLD, ODD, AS, SEMH, and PD.
- A current Team Teach qualification or the availability to attend our next training course
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- The ability to motivate, inspire, and encourage learners to strive for excellence in all areas