Levels 2 - 6 Early Years Practitioner - Nursery
City Centre and Combe Down - Bath
Full time, permanent
Hours would be 40 hours between 7.30am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday. On a range of shifts that benefit the safe operation of the Nursery. Ideally we need staff working all year round, although we could possibly accommodate 1 term time only at each setting.
Salary for the role will be negotiable depending on the successful candidate's level of experience and qualifications held, but will be circa of:
* Salary Scales Level 2: £20,072.00 (£9.65ph newly qualified) to £21,382.40 (£10.28ph experienced)
* Salary Scales level 3 - 6: £21,424.00 (10.30ph newly qualified) to £23,653.00 (£11.37ph experienced)
Reports to Room Leader
Our client has a couple of Nurseries based in Bath Somerset, with one nursery being based in walking distance from Bath City Centre and the other based in the heart of Combe Down Village, they are currently recruiting for Early years Practitioner Nursery staff to join their team.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our client's friendly and welcoming nurseries.
We offer good rates of pay and a supportive environment with fully funded further qualifications so get in touch to start your journey! Click apply now .
You will be expected to work closely with managers and other nursery staff to create a positive environment in the nursery and to build close ties and relationships with parents and carers. You must have the highest regard and dedication to ensuring the nursery is the best it can be at all times.
The nursery provides high-quality care and education for children aged from three months to five years, 51 weeks of the year. Open from 7.30 am until 6.30 pm Monday to Friday, They offers a range of flexible attendance schedules including full day, school days and morning and afternoon sessions, both all year round and term time only.
Roles & Responsibilities
Childcare and Education
* To work with the room leader to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
* To provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
* To be a key person for a group of children, taking responsibility for all aspects of children's safety, emotional well-being and learning and development
* To be responsible for completing curriculum planning and maintaining accurate and effective children's records for key group.
* To promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members
* To support the development of good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
* To work with the Manager, Deputy, Room leader and Senior team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education.
* To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand and when necessary follow Child Protection Procedures.
* To ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
* To comply with the 'Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage', relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004 and company policies and procedures at all times.
* To develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, area senco's and other agencies.
* To remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policy and practice
Health and Safety
* To assist in maintaining the nursery buildings, resources and equipment to a high standard reporting maintenance or cleaning issues appropriately and promptly to the relevant department.
* To adhere to Health and Safety policies, to manage risk and ensure that any decisions on remedial action is taken immediately.
* To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers
* To support the manager and senior team during Ofsted Inspections and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations
* Contribute to and participate in team meetings/team activities, outside of working hours if necessary.
* To attend monthly staff meetings outside normal working hours
* To support room leaders and their team and other staff in the nursery with their day to day duties
* To support and mentor apprentices and students when required to do so, passing on best practice and supporting their learning and development.
* To develop and promote parental partnership and involvement, communicating effectively with parents on a daily basis
* To ensure written communications, including observations and summary reports are of a satisfactory standard
* To use available technology, where available, to assist with written communications if needed.
Continuing Professional Development
* To be responsible for continuing professional development and keeping records of 30 hours of CPD in their development folder, to attend training courses and to participate fully in own supervisions and appraisals
Riverside Recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy