A wonderful opportunity to join our team and manage a brand new nursery in Brentford
- A positive individual that loves working as a team
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experienced in team management.
- Experienced in partnership with parents.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Previous Ofsted inspection.
-Hold a clear DBS
Nursery Manager Job DescriptionJob title: Nursery Manager
Responsible to: Area Manager
· Showing potential new parents around the nursery and answering their questions
· The manager has ultimate responsible for talking to parents from when children first arrive/settle with us to when they leave
· The manager deals with queries and solves problems for parents where appropriate
Leadership of the team:
A team needs a leader who will guide them and help them. As a manager you will help the team deliver consistently outstanding childcare. A great manager helps bring out the best in people.
· To be a Line Manager and provide support and supervision to all other members of staff, junior staff and volunteers. Carrying out regular staff supervision and recording as appropriate, as well as conducting twice yearly appraisals.
· To guide the nursery practitioners to follow best-practice and our policies
· To check the planning and delivery of a curriculum suitable to meet the needs of children aged 1 to 5 years old and helping the team find time for weekly planning meetings and non-contact time
· Recognising the strengths of each member of staff and explaining their areas for improvement.
· To ensure the vision and the mission statement of the nursery are met
A nursery thrives on great organisation. The organisation of the manager makes all the difference. This ensures everything important is achieved on time, and in the correct way.
· The manager must ensure they have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of current relevant legislation in relation to childcare.
· To ensure the nursery, staff, policies & procedures comply with OFSTED & other statutory requirements.
· Ensuring our menus are followed, and that any nutritional, religious or dietary needs are met and allergies carefully controlled.
· The planning and filing of relevant records including the keeping of children's personal details for emergency purposes, the keeping of an accident record file, attendance register, outings records file, medicine records file, and any other mandatory records including receiving and noting fees and invoices to parents.
· Ensuring the SEF is completed annually and filed online with Ofsted
· Updating the register and other spreadsheets to assist with bills to parents
· Many other general administrative tasks ranging from paying cheques into the bank account, dealing with all telephone calls, ordering supplies & food, filing bills, maintenance of employees or student files, Health & Safety including: risk-assessments, fire drills records, food temperature records, first aid box, and conducting the fire drill
· Completing the standard monthly action plan, and also devising and following-up new action plans as required
· A key responsibility is ensuring the nursery operates at our target occupancy.
· Any other administrative duties, as required by the needs of the Nursery
Ensuring safeguarding & welfare
Nothing can be more important than keeping the children safe.
Nursery Manager Job Specification
Level 3 (Diploma in Early Years) with or working towards Early Years Professional Status (EYPS)
Minimum 1 year's experience as a deputy manager in one of our nurseries, or several years' experience as manager elsewhere.
· Leadership skills
· Thorough knowledge of the EYFS
· Relationship with staff
· Effective communication with parents
· Modelling best practice
· Good level of spoken and written English. This is an absolutely required skill. With good spoken and written English, we are able to give you responsibility to write reports, ILPs and talk to parents. Our nurseries specialise in language skills, and ability here is an absolute "must".· Competent IT skills (Word, simple Excel)
Required emotional characteristics:
· Confidence as a leader
· Great listening skills
· Stable and dependable
· Problem solving & positive can-do attitude
· Resilient (strong) yet also caring and great empathy
· Able to take constructive criticism
· Able to be self-reflective to constantly improve
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £30,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Childcare: 5 years (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (Preferred)