Salary: In the range of £20,160-£22,285 per annum pro-rata, actual salary in the range of £17,860.35-£19,742.95 per annum (Dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
37 hours per week over 40 weeks per year. You will be required to work for a total of 1480 hours per year, usually be completed on 200 days over a period of 40-41 weeks based around student term times. Holiday, including entitlement to Bank Holidays and Closure Days, will be taken outside this working time, unless by prior arrangement with your line manager
Primary Location: Northampton, Booth Lane Campus
*About Northampton College*
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as 'good' with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who are the workforce and leaders of the future.
The College has a culture of high expectations and high achievement, with 95% of students passing their qualifications and 94% progressing into employment or further study. The expertise, professionalism and commitment of all our staff is critical to the students' and College's success as we strive for excellence in everything we do and our ambition to be an outstanding College.
Northampton College Day Nursery is located in a separate building on the Booth Lane campus and is a part of the Student Services team.
The nursery is available for use by both students and the public operating from dedicated facilities at the colleges Booth Lane Campus. Working with a team of dedicated staff you will oversee the operation of the day nursery to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for young children.
The Nursery Supervisor will be expected to work autonomously in relation to the day to day management of the Nursery. The role requires the confidence to make day to day decisions thoughtfully and with a high degree of sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
*The Successful Candidate*
The successful candidate's knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
• Level 3 qualification in Childcare.
• Previous supervisory experience within a nursery.
• Ability to work independently and to manage time of self and team efficiently.
• Experience of managing child and financial records.
*Rewards and Benefits include*
• Holiday entitlement will be included in monthly pay to the value of 35 days per annum pro rata.
• Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel.
• Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit scheme including an employer contribution rate of 22.90%).
• Access to continued professional development.
• Free car parking and electric car charging facilities.
• Gym facilities.
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline.
• Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes.
• Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve-month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative).
If you would like to be a part of our successful team, please go to for further details on how to apply.
Closing date: Thursday 19 May 2022.
Interview date: Tuesday 7 June 2022.
Job share will be considered for this post.
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,160.00-£22,285.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
Reference ID: ME