Nurse Seekers are proud to be working on behalf of a lovely Nursery School who are looking to recruit a Nursery Manager for their excellent, quality setting based in Sidcup.
The ideal Nursery Manager candidate will need to maintain and organise a high standard of daily running of the nursery in accordance with the requirement of company policies, and other relevant legislation; and all local authority and Ofsted requirements.
The Nursery School is a 70-place day nursery for three months to five-year olds. The Nursery is situated in a beautiful Edwardian site with a modern extension and is conveniently located close to a popular park and train station, together with having excellent resources such as a sensory room and three outdoor play areas!
Main duties and responsibilities
● To keep a high organised standard of the day-to-day management, staffing, organisation and smooth running of the Nursery. To develop the ethos of the nursery and to create a welcoming and family friendly environment.
● To organise strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the Nursery. This will include ensuring effective communication between the Nursery staff and with all partner organisations.
● To be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of children between 0 to five years in accordance with statutory requirements. You must ensure the EYFS is promoted and delivered within the setting and the principles adhered to.
● To have a key role in planning and monitoring of the nursery and implementing essential policies and procedures including Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection and Confidentiality. This will require creative thought together with an informed understanding of statutory requirements and best practice for childcare.
● To be a key holder for the Nursery and be responsible for financial demands such as chasing fees. You must be accountable and responsible for day-to-day financial systems directly relating to the Day Nursery provision.
● Timekeeping is paramount, and it is essential that you are here five minutes prior to starting your shift. Also, flexibility with regard to working in different rooms and/or settings as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery. You must attend all out of hours activities: staff meetings, manager meetings, training, parents' evenings, nursery events.
● To be responsible for admissions in line with the admissions policy agreed by the management team. You must keep a register and up to date records of all children using the nursery provision.
● To keep an up-to-date record of all staff employed within the nursery provision, including DBS numbers, qualifications and training, through a single central record.
The successful candidate can look forward to a very competitive salary together with excellent additional benefit schemes and career progression opportunities. If this sounds like the type of vacancy you feel you have been looking for, then apply today! Alternatively call Tayler on (phone number removed)