Role & Responsibilities
- Promote our values and ethos to ensure that a child-centred, safe, and stimulating environment is provided while meeting the individual needs of every child.
- Be responsible and accountable for the day to day operational and organisational aspects of the nursery in line with policies and procedures, safeguarding, Ofsted requirements, local authority guidance, health and safety and equal opportunities.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage and welfare requirements are delivered to the highest standard.
- Work in partnership with local childcare / education providers, health providers and all other agencies.
- Develop and maintain procedures for review and assessment of each child's progress.
- Be a role model for your staff team, empowering them to deliver high standards of childcare while complying with all aspects of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage and welfare requirements.
- Manage the commercial success of the nursery by achieving and maintaining target occupancy levels through the growth and income.
- Must have worked previously within a nursery at a managerial level
- Good teamworking skills
- Hold a relevant childcare qualification - minimum level 3
- Strong knowledge of Ofsted requirements
- Experience of implementing the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage
- Able to demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Good planning, organisational and budget management skills
- An excellent understanding of child development and the ability to recognise and address any concerns
- Able to show empathy and understanding towards children, staff, and parents
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible to obtain an enhanced DBS reference and able to provide original copies of required qualifications.
- Degree level childcare qualification
- Experience of finance management
- Ability to use a variety of ICT systems
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- early years qualification at level 3 or above (required)