Position: Nursery Nurse
Salary Banding: £21,500 - £26,000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Regents Park, London
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Nursery Nurse to join our wonderful Regents Park Day Nursery and Preschool. Our nursery is situated in London.
*For this position we are offering a welcome bonus of £500 or £1000 dependent on level of qualification (T&C apply*)*
Our 75-place nursery are proudly Ofsted rated 'Outstanding'. We are situated in a Grade 1 Listed white stucco house within close proximity to Camden Town underground station.
Our nursery features a small enclosed courtyard for our children to extend their learning and we like to regularly make full use of the green space of Regent's Park and its well-equipped children's playground in close proximity to our nursery.
As a Nursery Nurse working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £21,500 - £26,000 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
* Proven experience of working with early years education settings with successful outcomes for children at 'Good or Outstanding ' regulatory inspection outcomes
* Working in collaboration with colleagues in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication and the support of all members of the nursery team.
* A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Experience of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures
* Highly motivated and driven, meeting deadlines in relation to children's record keeping and assessment.
* Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
* Working within policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement.
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification or level 2 qualification (essential)
* 12 hours paediatric first aid (essential)
* Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (this can be completed as part of Induction)
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Evidence of continuous professional development
* Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques (oral and in writing)
* Ability to support and inspire nursery colleagues to achieve the highest standards or care and education.
* Ability to build trust and develop cohesive working relationships with colleagues
* Able to manage workload and manage time effectively
* Able and competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills
We look forward to receiving your application!
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is "protected" as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such 'protected' conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. All guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found in the DBS filtering collection. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action