Shiraka is currently recruiting for a Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Nursery Nurse for a well established setting in South Croydon. This role is in the Toddlers room, caring for and teaching the preschool age group. This well established Nursery has been in operation for 25 years and boasts a beautiful garden, fresh decor and a Sensory Room. They has a capacity for over 100 children, and offer plenty of opportunity to work with different groups and learn new things.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a key group of children, planning activities and observing them to ensure that they are happy, stimulated, encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
If you hold a Level 2 or Level 3 Early Years qualification and have a passion t build a career in Early Years Childcare, then this may be a great opportunity for you
Nursery Nurse Duties include but not limited to:
* Ensuring routines are being followed and run smoothly
* Individual planning
* Acting as a key person
* Preparing food and drinks
* Teacing Toddlers
* Helping babies learn how to walk and talk
* Building relationships with the children and parents
Nursery Nurse Requirements:
* Minimum Level 2 qualification in childcare education
* Good interpersonal skills and an ability to be organised and efficient
* The ability to support trainees through mentoring and coaching
* Acting as Key-worker and to observe
* A working knowledge of the Children's Act.
* Experience working with children aged 3 months to 5 years
* Good communication skills both with children and parents
* Ability to form good interactions with children and use own initiative
* Knowledge of Ofsted requirements and the EYFS.
* Working 44.5 hours per week
* £500 on completion of probation (6 months)
* 20 days holiday - with additional days for each year of service
* Excellent career opportunities
* Further training if required
* Excellent support and career development guidance
* On Site parking
The nursery is committed to the safety and welfare of all children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
If this is of interest to you then please apply or get in touch for more information