Position: Nursery Nurse
Salary Banding: £19,350 to £26,000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Golders Green, North West London
Our wonderful Bright Horizons Golders Green Day Nursery and Preschool are looking for a passionate Nursery Nurse to join their lovely team!
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week across Monday - Fri
As a Nursery Nurse working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent company benefits and great progression and career development opportunities.
Purpose of Role:
This role will be key delivering high quality engagement with children supporting there developmental needs, whilst ensuring the highest levels of supervision is maintained. You must maintain our Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures and continuously demonstrate and adhere to safe working practices.
With your expert knowledge of the regulatory requirements, you will complete observation and assessment standards Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach. Working in partnership with parents to complete the observation and planning process meeting the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework. Working to ensure service excellence for our current and prospective customers. This includes role modelling behaviour in line our HEART principles and Bright Promise to deliver exceptional care and education.
In addition, this role will work with the room leader together with Early Childhood Specialists to drive continuous improvement and embed inspirational early years pedagogy of the highest standard and secure regulatory compliance with better than National Average inspection outcomes in the UK.
You will support in sharing and articulating the attributes of the Bright Horizons brand, securing Bright Horizons as the provider of choice for families, corporate clients, and employees.
You will support to sharing and articulating the attributes of the Bright Horizons brand, securing Bright Horizons as the provider of choice for families, corporate clients, and employees.
* Proven experience of working with early years education settings with successful outcomes for children at 'Good or Outstanding ' regulatory inspection outcomes
* Working in collaboration with colleagues in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication and the support of all members of the nursery team.
* A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Experience of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures
* Highly motivated and driven, meeting deadlines in relation to children's record keeping and assessment.
* Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
* Working within policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement.
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification or level 2 qualification (essential)
* 12 hours paediatric first aid (essential)
* Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (this can be completed as part of Induction)
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Evidence of continuous professional development
* Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques (oral and in writing)
* Ability to support and inspire nursery colleagues to achieve the highest standards or care and education.
* Ability to build trust and develop cohesive working relationships with colleagues
* Able to manage workload and manage time effectively
* Able and competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills
We look forward to receiving your application