Our Amazing Bright Horizons Cambridge Science Park Day Nursery and Preschool are looking for a passionate Nursery Nurse to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are currently offering a welcome bonus of £500 with this role (T&C) apply
The Nursery, rated 'Good' by Ofsted, is a modern 148 place purpose built nursery, located on Cambridge Science Park, close the junction of the A14 and A10 and close to the Cambridge North train station, so has great transport links. The nursery benefits form spacious and well-equipped rooms, and each age group has access to their own garden space as well as a large communal courtyard which the children play in regularly!
As a Nursery Nurse working with Bright Horizons, you can expect a competitive salary, great company benefits including a retail discount scheme, and fantastic development opportunities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Complete observation and assessment standards Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach and complete the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework
* Deliver the highest care and educations standards, support and carryout key person 1-1 supervision meetings with families and other professionals to support child development and child achieving their personal miles stones and the EYFS and bright Beginning curriculum and regulatory standards.
* Ensuring internal policies and procedures and legislation from governing bodies are adhered to and you can demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures through your individual impact statements 1-1 meetings and your practice.
* In line with Bright Horizons UK standards for pedagogy, lead and support the Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach to all aspects of the nursery, and ensure the observation and planning process meets the needs of all of your designated key children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication with all stakeholders of the nursery and wider Bright Horizons community including parent's professionals and colleagues.
* Ensure Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures are followed and continuously demonstrate behaviours that underpin a high performing safety culture.
* Understand the referral processes and when necessary engage with professionals to make a child referral.
* To understand all safeguarding procedures and to make the Designated Safeguarding lead (DSL) aware of any concerns in relation to the Safeguarding of our children, families or colleagues
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
* Actively promote and support charities including the Bright Horizons Foundation for children
* Continuation of personal professional development to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date, full, and relevant to the role of a qualified Nursery Nurse.
* Proven experience of working with early years education settings with successful outcomes for children at 'Good or Outstanding ' regulatory inspection outcomes
* Working in collaboration with colleagues in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication and the support of all members of the nursery team.
* A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Experience of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures
* Highly motivated and driven, meeting deadlines in relation to children's record keeping and assessment.
* Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
* Working within policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement.
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification or level 2 qualification (essential)
* 12 hours paediatric first aid (essential)
* Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (this can be completed as part of Induction)
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Evidence of continuous professional development