40 hours per week
Term Time or All Year
Our client is a very successful and established nursery setting based in Borehamwood.
They are seeking a level 2 or level 3 qualified nursery practitioner with passion and enthusiasm for childcare.
You will be based in a 60 place nursery working with children 3 months to 5 years Monday to Friday 07.30 to 18.00.
Roles and responsibilities:
* To ensure that each child's potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
* To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
* To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child's progress.
* To foster each child's development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
* To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
* Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils.
* Whole Nursery record keeping.
* Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
* Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on nursery premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
* To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
* To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the nursery and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
* To implement the Centres/Council's Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
* To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
* To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
* To support the nursery by participating in events on site.
* To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
* Good communication skills