To work as part of a team member as well as a key person. To assist and support other team members in providing a warm, safe, stimulating environment for the children who attend.
At Peter Pan's Day Nursery we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all children and young people. We believe that all children deserve a safe, happy and healthy environment and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures, including a full safeguarding policy, that all staff are familiarised with regularly.
· To provide a warm, safe, welcoming, stimulating environment for other children and adults coming into the setting. Setting up and Tidying up and the beginning and end of day. (According to your current shift)
· To provide high quality care and education for all children that attend the nursery.
· To assist and provide planning for the Early Years Foundation stage.
· To act as a key person to a group of children that have been allocated to you. To liaise closely with the parents and other carers in ensuring that each child's individual needs are met. To observe and keep records up to date on your key children
· To advise the Manager/Directors of any concerns that you may have with regards to the children, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To be aware of the policies and procedures of the nursery and follow and put these into daily practice.
· To promote positive images within the nursery and to discourage stereotyping.
· To ensure that the relevant records are kept up to date, e.g. daily register, accident book, incident book, medication record.
· To keep confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
· To liaise with parents/carers, informing them of their child's progress, exchanging information and encouraging parents to be involved. Including attending and preparing for Parent Consultation meetings.
· To attend staff meetings, in-service training, and to be prepared to attend further training courses as seen fit by the management team.
· Successful applicant(s) will be given a provisional job offer subject to a DBS and acceptable references.
N.B This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £15,529.00-£24,000.00 per year