Room Leader - Chalfont St Peter
Salary: £23,504 - £25,376
£500 New Starter Bonus*
FREE! Parking OR Daily shuttle taxi to & from the nursery & train station
Working at our Chalfont Nursery:
Our Nursery in Chalfont St Peter is situated in the heart of the village, located in a newly renovated building. The nursery has been designed especially to provide beautiful rooms, fantastic resources, exciting gardens, all ensuring children flourish and leave fully prepared for their adventure ahead.
Location: Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries, Pure Gym, Rowdell Road, Northolt, UB5 6AG
Capacity: 68 place Nursery (3 months to 4 years)
Rooms: 1 x Baby Room, 1 x Toddler Room and 1 x Pre-school
Opening Times: 7.30am-6.30pm
Hours: 40 hours/week (Full Time)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We are looking for a passionate and experienced room leader to provide safe, high quality care in our Toddler Room, leading and inspiring our team on a day to day basis. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the EYFS, be organised, and have strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills. Also essential is a proven track record of supporting families and children with various needs including SEN, CIN & CP and the desire and skills to ensure all children achieve their full potential regardless of their starting point. To ensure all statutory, legal and setting obligations are met.
Hungry Caterpillars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
* Experience of working in a nursery setting and leading a room
* Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or higher. Minimum of 2 years post qualification
* Solid understanding of child development, and of children's needs.
* Ability to plan and implement a curriculum, (planning in the moment) taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities' considerations.
* Ability to develop partnerships and work with parents and families to encourage their involvement.
* Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of adults.
* Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
* Friendly and flexible approach at work, which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
* Ability to manage Children's behaviour.
* Ability to communicate affectively both written and verbal.
* Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity.
* Experience of using Famly (nursery management software)
* Knowledge of the Curiosity Approach & implementation
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Team Benefits & Rewards:
At the heart of Hungry Caterpillars is our incredible team who we value and offer:
* Your birthday off work, fully paid, to relax!*
* 50% off of childcare fees from day one*
* Bupa Health Care package*
* Free staff Uniform
* Refer a friend/parent bonuses
* 'The Caterpillar Academy' - Five, fully paid, company training days each year
* 'Future & Developing Leader Program' - year long training course for future leaders
* On line training portal with over 100 courses for your development
* 'Superstar Awards Day' held annually to celebrate individual and team achievements
* Fantastic opportunities for career progression with internal promotions supported
* More time with the children - online tracking system & planning in the moment
* A competitive salary package with performance related reviews
* 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
* Staff pension with a company contribution going into your pot
At Hungry Caterpillars, we have always had a strong commitment to training and developing our team. Through 'The Caterpillar Academy' our team can continually develop and improve their skills through five, fully paid annual training days.
In 2019, we launched our Future and Developing Leadership Programme. This bespoke year long programme, was designed especially by our director Olivia. It is open to team members of all levels who want to develop their leadership skills to enable them to progress in their career.
In addition we offer a wealth of additional training and development opportunities such as forest school training, an online training portal, professional conferences and networks as well as access to external training.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact our Head Office on (phone number removed).
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a full DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.