Nursery Room Leader - London
Salary: Up to £28,000.00 per year, Full time, Permanent, Monday - Friday
Our client Nursery is growing, and they are looking for the best Early Years talent to join them. They are a 90-place nursery that opened in October 2019. They believe their team have one of the most important jobs in the world - they are creating free thinking adults of the future and aspire to support children to be happy, inquisitive, and confident learners. They provide each child with opportunities to develop their individual interests and characteristics and make exceptional progress from the start of their learning journey to when they leave the Nursery.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Room Leader for our Baby Room. The applicant must want to influence the vision and direction of the nursery. The role requires the individual to hit the ground running and help take the nursery to great heights through quality and innovation. We need bags of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude for this exciting opportunity.
- To play a key role in shaping a vision and direction for the nursery, setting out very high expectations with a clear focus on children's achievement.
- Manage delegated aspects of the nursery's activities in accordance with policies and practice, under the overall direction of the management team.
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of staff in the room
- To inspire, motivate and influence staff, demonstrated through role modelling and actively promoting strong reflective practice by staff that is underpinned by a range of early year's theoretical frameworks.
- To contribute to staff development by undertaking effective support and ensure staff maintain high professional standards.
- To take responsibility for implementing the curriculum planning, providing support, guidance and mentoring for staff, to ensure that the planning fully enables all children to reach their full potential
- Ensure children are provided with a safe, caring and stimulating environment in accordance with local authority and Ofsted requirements and ensure staff work within the parameters of safeguarding children.
- To carry out high quality observations, planning and assessments using the EYFS development matters bandings, identifying next steps for children's learning. Ensure children's files are kept up to date and regular reports are completed to ensure effective communication with colleagues and parents
- To work in partnership with parents, and ensure that other staff foster and develop good relationships, and actively involve them in all aspects of their children's care and learning both within the setting and at home
- To work in partnership with internal and external professionals and agencies to ensure key information is shared to support the needs of the children and families within the setting
Essential Skills & Requirements:
CACHE / NNEB/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years' post qualification experience
Minimum 1 years' experience in a nursery as a room leader
Excellent people management skills
Significant and recent experience of working with children aged 0 to 5 years.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.