VD Recruitment has partnered with a group of leading Montessori Nurseries Elm Park Nursery, Friends Forest Shere and Woodcote Day Nursery, these settings ensure a happy learning environment for our children. The individual must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children. You will be joining their dynamic team at the Ofsted Rated 'Good' nursery.
The successful room leader will have strong knowledge of EYFS, an understanding of children's development and hold a qualification in Childcare or equivalent.
Hours - 40 /week (Rotating early & late shifts) will consider part time within reason.
Location: London, Clapham - Guildford, Shere - Purely, Croydon
Your role as a Room Leader includes-
* Room manager has to be a key person and a co-key person to a group of children and to regularly update children's learning records, including observations, assessments and setting and monitoring progress towards developmental targets.
* To ensure that staff within their room are working effectively and consistently within their key person roles.
* To lead, plan and organise activities and experiences which enables, enriches and extends children's learning in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage, Ofsted requirements, and the Nursery curriculum and pedagogy
* Room leader should maintain objective, accurate and up-to-date records which identify children's individual and group interests, needs, abilities and progress, and use these as a basis for planning, teaching and assessment activity.
* To maintain and disseminate to colleagues up to date knowledge of child development theories and practices and the early years curriculum.
* Room leader is required to work in partnership with parents, taking a lead on parental and carer engagement and providing excellent customer service and high quality, evidence informed home learning support.
* To communicate and engage with children to support their speech and language development using appropriate and effective methods to ensure they can reach their potential (for example; Makaton or developing strategies for children with English as an Additional Language).
* Room leader to communicate effectively with members of the Nursery Team on specialist topics as guided by nursery management.
Person Specification for the ideal Room Leader -
* Minimum Level 3 in Childcare & Education and a strong desire to make a difference!
* The ability to deliver high-quality practice.
* Strong knowledge of the EYFS and safeguarding procedures.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Birthdays off
* Closed over Christmas period (other than Woodcote)
* Staff training and more
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your cv or call on (phone number removed)